yEd is another free desktop-based diagramming tool which functions on Windows, Mac OS, Unix and Linux.
- Import – Data can be imported int yEd from Excel spreadsheets or XML files.
- User Interface – A simple and intuitive user interface allows you to quickly and easily create flowcharts.
- Export – Diagrams can be exported as bitmap or vector graphics, in PNG, JPG, SVG and more.
- Automatic Layouts – A simple click of a button will organise your diagram into a pre-configured layout, saving time and effort.
- Customisable – You can customise the interface and key commands.
yEd is completely free of charge and can be downloaded here. Different downloads are supplied depending on required operating system.
The key feature of this software is of course that it is free to download. However it also offers most of the standard features or diagramming software, but the graphics themselves are not as crisp or modern as those that can be found in other more expensive applications.